Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

what bam bam




Portia gets PM approval from People's National Party's (PNP)
published: Wednesday | March 1, 2006

Portia Simpson Miller addressing Members of Parliament at Gordon House yesterday. Mrs. Simpson Miller, the Prime Minister-designate, was approved by the People's National Party parliamentary group earlier. - RUDOLPH BROWN/CHIEF PHOTOGRAPHER

"Everyone (Government MPs) unanimously authorised me to advise the Governor-General that when he comes to make an appointment of my successor, the best person able to command the confidence of a majority of this House is ... the Honourable Portia Lucretia Simpson Miller," Mr. Patterson said to desk-thumping in the Chamber. The Government members had met earlier in the day at Jamaica House to formally make the selection.

During yesterday's sitting, Opposition Leader Bruce Golding took the opportunity to give "congratulations and best wishes" to Mrs. Simpson Miller on behalf of the Opposition.

The Prime Minister-designate expressed her own thanks to members on both sides of the aisle.

"I look forward to working with all of you for the betterment of the quality of life of all our people," she said.




Awright now..see it deh!!..Jamaica has a woman Prime Minister..but see yah!!If anyone would have ever told me that in my lifetime I would see a woman rule Jamaica...I would call them a liar! Alexander Bustamante a roll round in him grave. I dont know though,because I not talking bad bout the previous people that govern Jamaica..but with all the killings and other runnings a go on, maybe change is good. The woman have more degrees then the thermometer.

No comments: