Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival Updates

I tell you what, I am so jealous of who got to see Anita Baker recently at the Air Jamaica Blues Festival in Montego Bay. Anita Baker has been my favorite singer for as long as I can remember. Her voice ranks high with the great Phyllis Hyman. I was able to see several shows on JumpTv
I also get to keep up with live news in Jamaica, and other islands.

One good thing I read today in the Jamaica Gleaner was the the Air Jamaica Jazz an Blues Festival now seems to have a permanent home. The festival is to get a permanent home at Success Beach, Rose Hall in Montego Bay. This has been and ongoing collaboration between Urban Development Corporation and Ministry of Tourism. The residents o Lilliput, Barret Hall, Barret Town, Grange Pen, Greenwood and Long Bay are going to reap the benefits of the tourism from this move.

The festival raps up today, and has been very successful. Even though I heard Jill Scott and Hugh Masekla tore it up. Jamaica's own "Chalice" was indeed a crowd pleaser.

Here is a Video that some at the festival uploaded to YouTube. This is of my girl Anita Baker. As I get more I will add them to this thread.

No comments: