Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Devastation in Saint Ann

Early last Thursday heavy rains that started the previous day forced a path of destruction along Milford Road, causing massive road damage and heavy soil erosion, resulting in tons of mud being deposited downtown Ocho Rios.

Businesses along a stretch of the road as well as the primary and high schools were forced to close following the flood damage, and up to yesterday several business places remained closed.


I found these pictures on Montego Bay By Day

[MVC-020S.JPG]




[MVC-007S.JPG]



[MVC-015S.JPG]


[MVC-025S.JPG]



[MVC-005S.JPG]

This is very sobering. We know that Nature does not play

3 comments:

MrsYFA said...

Dee,
Hey thanks for posting these pics..they are a lot better than the ones I posted. I can't believe it's SOOO bad! St. Ann is like my second home, it makes my heart break to see it like that.

iriegal said...

Tee, it is indeed sad. I love Ochi as well. I can't imagine what the community is going through. It seems that Jamaica has its battles with nature. I just hope the children can go back to school soon.

Lovlie said...

oh dear! It makes me remember the torrential rains we had about a month ago when 2 people died carried away by the floods over here in Mauritius.