Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bloody Time

Every Morning in Jamaica


A friend of mine asked me why I haven't been updating this site as often as I usually do. Well, having and outside job and other commitments have taken up a lot of my time, but honestly when I read the news reports in Jamaica it saddens me.

I was raised on an island that is known for some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. When I see so many people living in fear due to the high crime on the island, it deeply saddens me.

This past weekend their were so many reported crimes on the island I can't even keep up to post them. I know the King Fish Operation is working diligently to make sure the island is safe. It is just that so many people are so afraid to come forward.

Here is a review of Observer headlines over the past five consecutive days from Saturday, May 24 to Wednesday, May 27, 2008:

. May 24 - Two cops slain
. May 25 - Residents blast cop killers
. May 26 - Blood and tears
. May 27 - Bloody Monday

I am sure it won't be the last of such headlines. The country needs to mobilize and mobilize quickly. All those sitting up on the mountains looking down at the people in the poverty areas, need to understand. You are not safe. Criminals who have no respect for themselves are not afraid to come and take your life as well.


My prayer and thoughts are that all stay safe.

No comments: