Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Congrats to WTA Champion- Venus Williams

Venus Williams


Venus Williams rallied to win the WTA's Sony Ericsson Championships for the first time in the career, defeating Vera Zvonareva 6-7 (5), 6-0, 6-2 Sunday at the season-ending event in Doha

Williams said she was pleased with her recovery to take her 39th career title. "Sometimes it goes your way and all of a sudden it comes crashing down but I thought 'it's not over yet' - that's the best thing about tennis," she said.


http://images.supersport.co.za/WilliamsVenus081109BackhandGbg.jpg



"This puts me in a great position to keep climbing the rankings next year. I'm hoping to stay healthy and I think I can only go higher. We (Venus and her sister) don't play as many tournaments as other players - it's not what we do.

For more on this story make sure you visit my sis down the way- Black Tennis Pro- You know she is always gonna give you the full "skippy" on what's happening in tennis land.




No comments: