Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Congratulations to Serena Williams

Serena Williams outlasted Jelena Jankovic of Serbia 6-4, 7-5 for her third US Open championship and ninth Grand Slam title on Sunday.



It had been even longer since her last Open championship - six years. And though it was her ninth Grand Slam title, it was just her second since capturing the Australian Open in early 2005.

Williams beat Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 7-5 in the final and didn't drop a set the entire tournament. She figures many doubted that she'd ever climb back on top of the tennis world as her ranking plummeted all the way to No. 139.

"Oh, yeah," she said Monday. "I think a lot of people, probably everyone thought (that). I always felt that I can be No. 1 if I really put in the effort."

Source: China View



For more indept news on this event remember to vist Black Tennis Pro. Sheila, always has the hottest news in the tennis world.

3 comments:

clnmike said...

"I always felt that I can be No. 1 if I really put in the effort."

That is no lie.

iriegal said...

Mike you #1 in my book bro.(smile)

Shelia said...

I'm late on this Iriegal, but thanks for the love. :D