Translate This Page

Share mi nuh mon

Monday, April 08, 2013

Woman who accused Barbados airport security of discrimination seeks monetary damages

Shanique Myrie, a Jamaican national is seeking $500.00 from the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) for what she alleges  is discriminatory actions from the Barbados Immigration department. Myrie claims on March 2011, that she was unlawfully detained and stripped searched after her arrival at Grantley Adams International Airport.

The 25-year-old states she was also deported the next day back to Jamaica.



I have to say I didn't know or believe that Bajans did not care for Jamaicans. I mean I have been following this case and I can't see why they detained her. You would think they would have some valid reason for sending her back to Jamaica. Will keep updated on this story.


No comments: