Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Gas can explodes near school
Tamika Kerr, principal of Baileys Basic School in Kingston was concerned over students who were treated for reactions to a gas explosion near the school premises. At least 13 students were treated in the nearby Bustamante Hospital for Children. One student who was asthmatic was observed foaming at the mouth. Teachers also sought medical attention.
The cannister which had contained gas for welding exploded around 10 am that morning. The concerned parents flooded the school and tried to administer help to the kids, along with the firefighters.
Source: Jamaican Observer